Frequently Asked Questions About Medallion Inground Swimming Pools
- Can I install an inground pool myself?
- Can I hire someone else to build it for me?
- How long will it take to receive my inground pool after I have placed my order?
- How deep can my inground pool be?
- What will my inground pool look like?
- How do I know what size pump and filter I really need?
- Does Medallion use quality equipment?
- How long will my liner last?
- What about warranties?
- What type of wall should I choose?
- When should I pour my concrete deck around the pool?
- Can I put a light in my pool?
- What about a diving board?
- How about a slide?
- What about safety items?
- What about accessories?
- What do I do when it is time to close my inground pool for the winter?
- What do I use to cover my pool?
- Can I use a heater to heat my pool?
- What about the plumbing fittings and pipe?
- What is included in my Inground pool kit?
- What additional items will I need for my pool?
- What about electrical hookup?
- How do I get a quote for my pool?
- How do I order?
- How do I pay for my pool?
- Can I install an inground pool myself? Yes you can! Our do it yourself installation manual covers the installation of your pool from layout to adding water and back filling.
- Can I hire someone else to build it for me? Yes. You may have a local handyman, or general contractor do the job for you. You could even hire an excavator to dig your hole and you could take it from there.
- How long will it take to receive my inground pool after I have placed my order? Once you have ordered your pool and your order has been processed it is normally shipped from our warehouse within 5-7 working days. The length of time for you to receive your pool depends on your geographic location. To give you an idea, a shipment to the West Coast normally takes 7 days. If you are in the Midwest, 4 to 5 days. The normal East Coast time is 2 to 3 days. Your pool will be shipped from our manufacturing center located in Colonial Heights, Virginia.
- How deep can my inground pool be? You can make your pool any size that you wish. Remember that we are the manufacturers. Special orders are no problem! If you are looking for a standard depth, our standards are 5', 6', or 8' deep. There is no additional charge if you decide on our standard sizes and depths. Please note that all special orders are quoted individually and prices are subject to change without notice. All designs must comply with APSP specifications.
- What will my inground pool look like? One of the most important decisions that you will make when ordering a pool will be your liner pattern and color choice. Medallion offers a wide variety of colors and patterns. You will be supplied with a full color brochure to make your decision easier. Get the whole family involved and vote on it!
- How do I know what size pump and filter I really need? Your pump and filter will be sized according to the volume of water in your pool. The main objective of any filtration system is the ability to turn over all the water in your pool at least once within a period of 12 hours. However, we do realize that there are those of you who like everything bigger and faster so we offer upgrades at an additional cost.
- Does Medallion use quality equipment? We have been in business since 1960 and associate only with the finest equipment manufacturers in the pool & spa Industry. You don't stay in business as long as we have by selling less than quality products to your customers!
- How long will my liner last? Your inground pool liner comes with a 20 year limited, prorated warranty from the liner manufacturer. We have sold pools in the past where the liner has lasted 30 years! However, keep in mind that the actual life of a liner could be shorter or longer depending on water chemistry and other variables. Please see your warranty card or ask your Sales Specialist for complete details.
- What about warranties? We've got you covered. Depending on the type of wall that you choose, your Medallion limited, prorated warranty will be for a period of 50, 75, or 100 years. (50 for Galvanized Steel, 75 for Aluminum, and 100 for Stainless Steel). Your Medallion inground walls are protected against manufactures defects. Your pump, filter, liner, and other accessories are per individual manufacturer warranties. Please see your warranty cards for complete details.
- What type of wall should I choose? Unlike other pool companies who are stuck selling one type of wall, since you are buying direct from the manufacturer you get to choose which wall is the best for your soil type. Medallion is the only manufacturer in the United States to make four different types of in ground pool walls. To find out which wall is the best for you ask your Medallion Sales Specialist.
- When should I pour my concrete deck around the pool? Remember that today there are many options available as far as decking is concerned. If you choose concrete, please consult with your Sales Specialist for more information.
- Can I put a light in my pool? Yes. A light can really show the beauty of your pool. Medallion Pools offers numerous lighting options for your inground pool. See your Sales Specialist for more information.
- What about a diving board? A diving board can be added to your pool as long as you order your pool within the current APSP standards for diving pools. Medallion uses APSP Standards for required depths and distances relating to the layout of your pool. The minimum size pool required to be a diving pool is 16' x 32' (as long as all other details meet APSP standards - see your Medallion Sales Specialist for complete details).
- How about a slide? A sliding board may be added as long as it is placed within the current APSP standards for sliding boards. Medallion uses APSP Standards for required depths and distances relating to the layout of your pool.
- What about safety items? Medallion includes safety ropes and floats with every complete pool kit sold, as well as a safety sign kit with every liner.
- What about accessories? We are a full line distributor for everything from Anchor Sockets to Zinc Anodes .
- What do I do when it is time to close my inground pool for the winter? Winterizing your Medallion Pool takes just a few simple steps. This information is located in your owner's manual. And never forget that Medallion Pools is just a phone call away if you have any questions.
- What do I use to cover my pool? We have several options available. Ask your Medallion Sales Specialist about covers when you order your pool kit.
- Can I use a heater to heat my pool? Yes, Medallion Pools offers numerous heating options for your inground pool. See your Sales Specialist for more information. The great thing about having a heater is that you can open your pool earlier in the spring and close it later in the fall, or even keep it open all year round depending on your geographic location. A heater is also very nice because you can have your desired water temperature any time you like.
- What about the plumbing fittings and pipe? Remember your Medallion Sales Specialist will go over a complete checklist when you are ready to purchase your pool.
- What is included in my inground pool kit? That will vary depending on which particular pool package you purchase. Your Medallion Pools Sales Specialist will be happy to go over all of your options with you.
- What about electrical hookup? Medallion strongly recommends that you get a certified electrician to do all of your electrical work. As local codes may vary please talk to your electrician for details.
- How do I get a quote for my pool? It's simple. Fill out the request information page on our web site or call your Medallion Sales Specialist for pricing information.
- How do I order? Simply call the number listed on our home page, ask to speak to a Sales Specialist who will assist you and help you decide what size best fits your families needs. Your Sales Specialist will also be able to walk through the whole buying and installation process with you.
- How do I pay for my pool? Medallion accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover or you can pay with a check. You can even wire your money directly from your personal account. Please keep in mind that personal checks require a 10-day waiting period before your order can be processed.
Click here to return to the main inground pool page.
QUALITY, AFFORDABLE POOLS
THAT'S MEDALLION POOLS
Medallion Pools, 840 W Roslyn Rd, Colonial Heights, VA 23834